The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Autumn
September 26, 2017 at 2:44 PM
Winter is coming. It’s more than a catchy Game of Thrones quote, it is a fact. But, before the cold catches up with us, let’s take the time to enjoy the beauties of a Minnesota autumn and prepare our homes. So, grab your favorite pumpkin spice drink, cuddle up with some flannel blankets and enjoy our Ultimate Guide to a Successful Autumn!
- Take a walk or drive to view the colors of the leaves before they fall.
- Put away ceramic planters so as not to get caught in an early snow. (Plastic and resin planters are fine all winter.)
- Go picking at a local apple orchard.
- Tune up snow blowers and have the right gas and oil mix ready to go.
- Enjoy a hayride through farm country.
- Change the batteries in smoke detectors.
- Cozy up the inside of your home with fresh fall flowers, pumpkins, and seasonal candles.
- Clear those beautiful Minnesota leaves from your gutters before the snow hits.
- Decorate the outside of your home with a new fall wreath on your front door.
- Blow out irrigation systems.
- Take the family through a corn maze.
- Prune the trees around the house.
- Cheer on your favorite football team.
- Note on your calendar the date of daylight savings! (Sunday, November 5)
- Check your faucets, toilets, spigots and hoses for leaks!
Nothing is more important than protecting your properties from water damage due to washing machine overflow or hose malfunction. Our disaster pan is more than the typical washing machine tray. Suds Sentry gives home owners the confidence they need to protect their biggest investment, their home. So, protect your property with a product that is more than a washing machine tray - it's a drain pan system. There's no other water mitigation solution like ours!
Do you have any autumn “must-do’s”? We’d love to hear! Comment below!