Committed to sustainable efforts for a greener future
May 23, 2016 at 1:00 PM
SPDP Solutions supports sustainability, the reduction of waste and recycling for a greener America. We’ve pulled together several tips and pieces of information in support of these efforts.
Practice Water Conservation
A Suds Sentry washing machine (link) pan can save tens of thousands of dollars in damages and the need for rebuilding and renovation when a washing machine malfunctions or leaks. There are other ways to manage laundry resources for additional savings and precautions.
Here are a few water conservation tips to share with your homeowner or rental communities, customers or property managers in newsletter or through your social media efforts:
- Wash clothes in cold water to save 90% more energy than heated water
- Support laundry soap brands that reduce packaging or have recyclable containers. Advise users to reference instructions for new dispensing amounts. Most soaps are now concentrated and need less to work properly
- Encourage fewer and fuller loads during laundry days
- Washing towels on their own reduces dry time and the transfer of lint
- Keep water cleaner by avoiding the use of chlorine bleach – use lemon juice and sunshine as a whitener
- Maintain equipment to keep washing machines and hoses in proper working order
Recycle to Support Sustainability
Save the date, November 15, 2016, is America Recycles Day – a national initiative to Keep America Beautiful. http://americarecyclesday.org/ Visit the site to organize or attend events that help sustain our resources and environment. If you are a sponsor of an event, please let us know and we’ll help you to market the event with mentions in our blog and social media.
Recycling old equipment can be challenging but there are several resources that could help:
- Recycle old washing machines with the vendor who delivers the new machines – be sure to ask about recycling rebates
- State Energy Offices, Local Electric and Water Utilities and Conservation Programs have resources appropriate for your location and are invested in proper recycling initiatives
- Check with the local waste removal company for recycling options
- Search for a scrap metal recycler – some offer pick-up of units
Additionally, check out http://911.org for even more information on large appliance recycling tips.